Haut und Laser Medizin Zentrum Rhein-Ruhr Privatpraxis und Selbstzahler
  Haut und Laser Medizin Zentrum Rhein-RuhrPrivatpraxis und Selbstzahler 

Laser therapy for urinary incontinence

Do you belong to the women who lose urine involuntarily -especially under physical exertion, e.g. during exercise, when sneezing or when lifting loads? Then you probably suffer from stress incontinence.


You should know that there are many affected women and that you are not alone with your worries. According to WHC-care study from 2006 about 8 million women suffer from a form of urinary incontinence in Germany - that's every 5th women aged 25 - 75 years!


Talk to us - we're here to help.


What are the reasons for stress incontinence?

In case of stress incontinence there is a weakness of the bladder sphincter, which then cannot close the urethra completely. Often pregnancies or births are responsible for this. As a result, in the presence of physical stress, but also when coughing or sneezing and in case of advanced forms even when walking, it comes to unintentional loss of urine.


How is urinary incontinence being treated?

The treatment ranges from muscular training methods such as pelvic floor exercises, biofeedback training or stimulation by magnetic waves through drug therapies up to surgeries.


What is special about the laser therapy?

The laser therapy is a simple, non-invasive (bloodless) treatment of mild forms of incontinence. Here, the overstretched tissue of the muscles and the connective tissue are being tightened by means of laser light. This can already be observed during the treatment but especially in the further course, the tissue regenerates and restores the needed firmness.


How is the laser therapy being performed?

The treatment is a procedure that takes only about 30 minutes. After treatment, you will be fully fit; the only thing to be considered is that no tampons should be used nor should you have sex within one week after therapy. A gynecological preliminary investigation can be performed with your own or an cooperating gynecologist. Depending on the severity of the incontinence 1-3 individual sessions are required. Clinical studies* have reported that this method leaves 95% of patients symptom-free, with the remaining 5% only experiencing mild discomfort when pressure is being performed on the abdominal wall.


* research for this new therapy is currently taking place worldwide. In Central Europe it is especially the Laser Medicine Center Rhine-Ruhr that is participating together with the University of Greifswald and the University of Ljubljana.

Haut u. Laser Medizin Zentrum


Porschekanzel 3-5

45127 Essen


Tel:  +49 201 2437770

Fax: +49 201 2437769

Unsere Sprechzeiten

Mo: 08:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Di:   08:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Mi:  08:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Do:  08:00 - 18:00 Uhr

Fr:   08:00 - 14:00 Uhr

Druckversion | Sitemap
© Haut und Laser Medizin Zentrum Rhein-Ruhr